We are committed to providing to you the highest quality merchandise for the lowest possible price on time and accurately each and every time. We know all about “Murphy’s Law” which states that, “…anything that can go wrong, will go wrong” so should you may wish to return merchandise back to us please note the following:
- Each manufacturer and product category has different requirements, so we ask that you review the following policies in order to make this process go as smoothly and quickly as possible.
Supplies, Furniture & Equipment, AV Technology Products
Most products are covered directly by a Manufacturer’s Warranty which we must comply with. No returns are possible without first contacting Educator’s Depot, Inc. as we will have to seek assistance from the appropriate manufacturer and comply with their rules. Please refer to these warranties or contact us for help. We encourage you to collaborate with our trained staff or dedicated area sales rep to ensure that you receive the correct items that meet your needs. For assistance in finding your dedicated local furniture expert, please contact us at 1-866-736-2012.
- A manufacturer’s return authorization is required for us to proceed.
- Restocking fees may be charged in accordance with the Original Manufacturer’s.
- Warranty and Return policy or a minimum of 25% may be applied.
- You will also be required to pay the cost of return shipping.
- If your item is defective, it may be covered under a manufacturer warranty however a manufacturer return authorization is required and all return requests for defective products.
MUST be in original packaging, UNUSED sellable condition, and undamaged or unmarked.
- Within 5 days of the receipt of your order.
- Contact Customer Care at 1-866-736-2012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of shipment to request an authorization number. Product returned without authorization, additional items not part of the original authorization, or products arriving in an unsellable condition will not be eligible for credit and products will not be shipped back to the customer.
- Repack items in the original shipping carton.
- Tag the box with the Return Authorization number (RA #)
- Include a copy of your packing list, invoice and details about what you are returning.
- Include order and PO numbers for proper credit.
***If you require a return due to our error or a manufacturer’s error such as a duplicate order, duplicate item or an incorrect item, we will pay any return shipping costs and no restocking fee will apply however, if a duplicate order or product is not reported, you will be billed for it.
- Manufacturers may consider a “user-assembled” product nonreturnable once assembled, even if it is disassembled for return.
******************Custom Furniture Returns******************
Custom designed furniture built to your specifications is nonreturnable, unless it is defective or not built to your specifications. This may include products made to order with nonstandard fabrics, laminates, wood finishes, paint finishes, changes in dimensions or other alterations which deviate from the manufacturer standard design or offerings. Cancellation of Furniture Orders
If you place an order for a custom item, and cancel it after 48 hours, you will be charged 30% of the order cost for those items.
We take extra care in ensuring that our products arrive to you in excellent condition; however we do recognize that occasionally damage during shipping can occur. The law states that If you choose to receive the product at your location then it is your responsibility to fully inspect your merchandise when it is delivered:
- You are responsible for inspecting your merchandise when it is delivered. If there is excessive damage or the shipment is incorrect, you should refuse the shipment, locate your order number and call customer care at 1-866-736-2012.
- If you signed for your order and later find that you have a problem with damage or an incorrect shipment, you must contact us within 5 days of receipt. If you wait beyond this period to inform us, we cannot be held responsible for damages or incorrect shipments and you will not receive credit.
An offer: To assist you with the difficulties related to receiving goods, Educator’s Depot offers at reasonable rates, receiving services at one of our warehouse facilities. Let us know at the time of your order and we will have your product shipped and received at our facilities; coordinate a time definite appointment to redeliver the goods to you and, if you so want, even install said goods anywhere you want. Contact us at 1-866-736-2012 and let us help you or call your local sales rep directly for assistance.
*****************Some Important Tips for when you receive shipments*****************
- Count your cartons and sign only for those received. If you experience a shortage, note it on your packing slip and call 1-866-736-2012.
- Occasionally, delivery drivers do not allow enough time for you to inspect the shipment, or the order is delivered while you are not there. If the driver does not allow time for inspection of the shipment, it should be signed for, by you or a designee, noting “damaged” on the bill of lading.
- Immediately inspect for external and internal/concealed damage. If you notice damage, keep merchandise and shipping cartons and notify us within 7 days after you have received your shipment (Carriers will not honor claims if it has been more than 7 days since your shipment has been received).
- Locate your packing list.
- Open “mixed” cartons, being careful to prevent discarding smaller items or hardware along with packing materials.
- Record any errors on the packing list and call 1-866-736-2012